Department: Department of Management
Division/College: College of Business, Hospitality & Tourism Studies
Job openings: 1
An Assistant Professor is developing his/her own research and teaching interests and is becoming known nationally for his/her work. They will contribute effectively to curriculum development, publish in peer-reviewed international journals or other appropriate outlets and are likely to have edited collections of work or meeting proceedings. They should be beginning to show academic leadership in their teaching and/or their research specialty and be involved in administrative duties at least at Department/School level.
Responsibilities will include teaching undergraduate and postgraduate courses in Management and other related subject areas and be willing to undertake research supervision. Teach various Management and Entrepreneurship and other related courses as assigned. Other duties will include counseling students, mentoring staff and supervising higher degree research students and participation in curriculum development and assessment. Candidate will be expected to conduct scholarly research leading to refereed publications, service to the profession, the University and the community. Successful candidate must be able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses as well as teach both day and evening classes.
- PhD in Management or a discipline related to Management
- Research active
- Clear interest in learning and teaching and the potential to become an effective teacher
- Academic leadership
- Administrative duties
- Demonstrates evidence of ongoing publications in ranked journals
Candidates demonstrating evidence of meeting at least one or all the three criteria listed below will have an added advantage:
- University Service (administration)
- Community Service (contributions to the wider profession)
Salary: FJ$56942 plus 6% superannuation
To explore the post further or for any queries you may contact:
Surname: Maria Bolai
All applications are to include:
- A covering letter of application addressing each of the criterion of the person specifications above, evidencing how your qualifications and experience meet the criteria. Guide on how to address your claims against the selection criteria can be downloaded from the link below.
This covering letter will form the main basis for shortlisting. Failure to provide this covering letter will result in your application not being considered.
- A detailed CV and certified copies of all academic transcripts, three referees, with full contact details, including telephone numbers and e-mail addresses. Candidate should state their relationship with each referee (eg, line manager, former postgraduate supervisor)
All applications must be submitted online using the University’s online job applications system which can be accessed at this address: https://fnu.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home?c=fnu.
Applications sent via email or manually for all positions will not be accepted.
Should you have any queries or face difficulty submitting your application online, please email on: email@example.com
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you have not been contacted by Fiji National University, then your application has not been successful.
Closing date: 27th August, 2022 (Wednesday 11:59 am).
Advisory on Covid-19 vaccination:
Please note that in order to ensure regulatory compliance with the Health and Safety at Work (General Workplace Conditions) (Amendment) Regulations 2021, it is now mandatory for all employer representatives and staff of FNU to be vaccinated as a condition of employment to protect employers , employees, customers and the general public at workplaces from Covid-19. The successful appointee should have had the first vaccination against COVID-19 by 15th of August 2021 unless exempted by the Ministry of Health and Medical Services (proof required). The appointee should also have received the second vaccination on or before the 1st of November 2021 unless exempted.