NATIONAL TAIWAN NORMAL UNIVERSITY
College of Education
Department of Health Promotion and Health Education
Foreign Faculty Position Opening (English as a Medium of Instruction, EMI) at Health Promotion and Health Education
Openings: Full-time Assistant Professor and above, foreign faculty (English as a Medium of Instruction, EMI).
Areas of Specialization: Research and professional background in the following areas: health behavior, health promotion, health education, health communication, health marketing, health care industry, health information management, gerontological health promotion
1st Ph.D. degree in area(s) of expertise, or equivalent as noted above.
2. A record of research or grant writing
(1) The applicant has two publications in the last three years. (First author or corresponding author of publications in SCI, SSCI, and TSSCI)
(2) The applicant has been a director of research project granted by the National Science Council in the last three years.
3. Application professor is required to meet the eligibility criteria, “Qualification of Distinguished Professor” (see Appendix I)
4. The applicant is required to have the ability of teaching academic subjects in the English language (English as a medium of instruction).
1. The recruitment practices learned by the school and the Department of the relevant regulations.
2. Application materials (not returnable)
(1) Application Documents: curriculum vitae, autobiography.
(2) Copy of certification (including a copy of ID card, doctoral diploma, teacher certificate, academic report), the data in triplicate.
(3) Doctoral dissertation and publications in the last five years (Abstract both in Mandarin and English), the data in triplicate.
(4) Teaching courses at current position and four anticipated courses (with syllabus) offering.
(5) Future research directions and contributions to the department.
The research committee will review applicants’ materials to determine whether applicants meet the required qualifications. Then the applicants will be informed for interview.
1. Application deadline: August 25, 2022(by postmark)
2. Applications should be sent email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact: Yen-Jung Chang(Associate Professor)
Tel: 886-2-77491733, Fax: 886-2-2363-0326, Email: email@example.com
(1)The applicants who pass the preliminary review will be contacted through email for secondary review interview. The applicants who do not pass the preliminary review will not be notified and their application materials will not be send back. Those who are notified for the secondary review interview but not showing will be regarded as giving up applying.
(2)The applicant who gets hired should abide by “National Taiwan Normal University Faculty Evaluation Regulations”
(3)The position starts at 2023 spring semester.
Appendix I: Qualification of Distinguished Professor
A. Been granted important academic awards by academic organizations at home or abroad in the most recent three years.
B. Has published an original academic thesis in journals with Impact Factor > 25 (such as Science, Nature and Cell) and is the first author or corresponding author of the thesis.
C. Been invited to exhibit by an international arts body; or had works collected by international arts bodies; or has finished in the top three in international sport competitions, or has been granted important awards and performed outstandingly in any production.
D. In the most recent three years, the applicant has been a candidate for the NSC Outstanding Award, or has performed in the top 5% in all sub-academic fields (attach relevant certificate).
E. In the most recent three years, the applicant has obtained more than an annual average (per case) of NTD 2.5 million in industry contributions through industry-academia collaboration programs.